Monday, January 26, 2015

Working on a quilt for a friend

I'm working on a quilt for a friend for a housewarming gift. She's been living in a rental apartment and just recently purchased a house.  I had some 2 1/2" strips that I bought a long time ago.  I thought it was a full jelly roll, but realized later that it only had 25 strips in the roll.  Most quilts require more than that, so I haven't used them.

As I was looking through my stash, I found them and noticed that a few of the strips had tiny, little dragonflies on them. My friend is obsessed with dragonflies.  How perfect is that!!  So another friend wanted to go in on the fabric for the quilt and gift, so we purchased a dark brown background fabric and a really cute brown fabric with little dragonflies on it for the binding.  I love how striking the colors are with the dark brown background. It is outstanding, if I have to say so myself!!  Here's a few of the blocks that I've finished so far.  Don't you agree?  I can't wait to finish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment