Thursday, January 15, 2015

Block 1 of Pat Sloan's 2015 Vacation Time Mystery Quilt

Okay, I am sooo bad at this blog thing. I haven't posted anything since November.  I just don't think about it.  I will try to do better this year. Last Thursday I joined a guild in Hurricane, UT called the Zion Piecemakers.  I really enjoyed going to the meeting. We had dinner, handled all the news, and had show and tell by members who had finished quilts since the last meeting.  They are going to do a Border of the Month and a Block of the Month.

 For the Border of the Month, several of us purchased "The Border Workbook" by Janet Kime.  We have been assigned to make two borders this month, the Easy Braid and the Stacked border. The instructor had made twelve borders up in advance and sewing them together in rows with sashing between each row.  Then she bordered the whole thing with a cute Paw Prints border. I am working on my two borders now. I'll have pictures later.

For the Block of the Month, we are doing Pat Sloan's 2015 Vacation Time Mystery Quilt.  She used I decided to use my own fabrics and selected cream, orange, green and brown batiks.  Here's my January block of the month.
One thing accomplished so far this month.  I still have to do the two borders, quilt a top I have loaded on my longarm, Libby, make a baby blanket for a friend, and sew a quilt as a house warming gift for a friend who just bought a new home.  Yikes, I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment